Carson Pirie Scott Historic Site

Carson Pirie Scott Historic Site

A plaque denoting original site of the first Carson Pirie Scott Store is displayed on exterior of a storefront at 55 S. East Avenue in Amboy.  The Carson Pirie Scott chain originated in 1854 and the first store called Carson & Pirie opened in Amboy in 1855.

• Address: 55 S. East Avenue, Amboy, IL 61310