This Illinois Central Railroad Depot, built in 1876, has been completely renovated and is now a 19-room museum reflecting the history of the Amboy area. Other attractions adjoining the museum include: a steam locomotive on display, a one-room schoolhouse, the Illinois Central Freight House, and a 1920′s era Norfolk & Western caboose all open for tours.
• Address: East Main St. & South East Avenue, Amboy, IL 61310
• Phone: 815-857-4700
• Web: amboydepotmuseum.org