This 200-acre woodland is Lee County gem located along the Rock River. Outdoor enthusiasts can take advantage of hiking and biking trails, natural areas and nature centers, playgrounds and picnic shelters, and boating and fishing.
Lowell Park’s beautiful hiking trail travels 3 miles to Lowell Park. This “rail to trail” is on the old IC rail bed originally built in 1854. Trail planning and acquisition was started in 1989 and completed in 1991. Construction was completed and the trail was opened in November of 1992.
- 3.5 mile paved multi-use trail for hiking and biking
- ADA boat access with parking lot
- Hiking trails
- Lowell Forest – An Illinois Nature Preserve
- Picnic shelter with tables, grill, and electricity
- Playground with zip line
- Public restrooms
- Reagan Bathhouse
- Reagan Memorial
- Ruth Edwards Nature Center