A plaque denoting original site of the first Carson Pirie Scott Store is displayed on exterior of a storefront at 55 S. East Avenue in Amboy. The Carson Pirie Scott chain originated in 1854 and the first store called Carson & Pirie opened in Amboy in 1855.
- Address: 55 S. East Avenue, Amboy, IL 61310
Note: this Google map incorrectly names this street as “Southeast” Avenue in this view. However, the correct name is S. East Avenue.