Amboy Depot Museum
Amboy

Categories

This Illinois Central Railroad Depot, built in 1876, has been completely renovated and is now a 19-room museum reflecting the history of the Amboy area. Other attractions adjoining the museum include: a steam locomotive on display, a one-room schoolhouse, the Illinois Central Freight House, and a 1920′s era Norfolk & Western caboose all open for tours.

 

Note: this Google map incorrectly names this street as “Southeast” Avenue in this view. However, the correct name is S. East Avenue.  

Spread the love